Can not create 2D draft sections

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Jehronimo,
I tried that and it failed again once I switched it back. Do you have to change the high quality threading to switch it back?

Larry M.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mold or draft

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Hi guys, I didn't involve with this discussions before because I'm still with the 2007 V68-248 because after that they got probleme with the tapping process of the Jiffy-Plug. I have to switch to the 2008 soon, but I was scare a little bit with everything I read about the mold module V6.9. I know TS still have the probleme with the tapping process of the jiffy plug but that should not affect the section.

My question is to made a full section of the mold in your draft , when you are in the drafting module do you use drafting section or mold section ? bcs mold section is the only choice to made what you want, some people don't know that.
Because I ask my VAR to made a test for me with the V6.9-216 and the full section work and also with the JP-352 without probleme, the only things who don't work again is the tapping process who SHOULD be fix in the 220. When this one will be available for use I will switch to 2008
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I use the Mold "Full Section". I'll use the regular "Full section" if I just want to cut through the "A" or "B" side only. But yes all the tappings are not working on any of the water componets that I use. Plugs, baffles, connectors.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Larry M. wrote:Jehronimo,
I tried that and it failed again once I switched it back. Do you have to change the high quality threading to switch it back?
Yes I do. I deactivate this option to get the JP352 in my mold design.

Jehronimo
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Correction has been made

Unread post by Bill »

Hi all!

It seems that the problem with the JP352 nipples was resolved in the 220 patch. I am sorry I did not report this sooner to you. (as we are on patch 232 now).(which by the way...it works there too!).

Just wanted to pass this along.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc