[Solved] Unauthorized use. Error

Issues and questions related to TopSolid installation.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

[Solved] Unauthorized use. Error

Unread post by Larry M. »

Just built my new computer system using Vista 64bit. I have the dongle software installed, the dongle, and the codes. TopSolid starts right up with no problems. I can do anything I want, but a couple of minutes later I can't do anything. I get a "Unauthorized use." message when I try any command. Even "Exit".

Bug? Ideas? Hints?

Thanks,
Larry M.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

It seems that your dongle is a little tired :D

In this case, you have to go in your Help - code to check if the dongle is still recognized. Wait few minutes, and try another handling. If it works again, it means that your dongle is going to fail. The system analyzes random sectors on your dongle. And one of them can be KO. I think it would be a good idea to ask for a replacement.

Jehronimo
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

When I do get the error the key isn't seen at all any more. Key serial number: 0.

But I'm not convinced it's the dongle. On my current main system with XP pro it runs all day. I'll test it with my laptop today also.
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Larry,

You have to install the 7.4.0 sentinel driver, BUT, you have to deselect the "Sentinel Protection Server" and the "Sentinel Keys Server".
Attachments
Sentinel_driver.JPG
Sentinel_driver.JPG (26.23 KiB) Viewed 12600 times
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Thanks Olaio! :D

That did the trick. I had installed everything. I don't get the error any more.

I've noticed with TS that the rendering gets weird coloring if any of the model is off screen. Is this Vista not supporting OpenGL properly, or is it correctable?

Thanks Gentlemen.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Another note. Before uninstalling those 2 services TopSolid would load up to the Open menu in 3 seconds. Now after I uninstalled those 2 services it is taking 35 seconds to load up to the Open Menu.

For some reason the System Protection Services allows TS to boot up very quickly, but it also causes the error.

I really like 3 seconds. 35 seconds feels like forever when your in a hurry to look at something. Any Ideas?
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Larry,

What kind of graphic card do you have?
I have a nvidia 8600M GT in my laptop (with Vista x64) and i have no graphic problem, BUT, (there is always a but...) i had to install the 8600 GT driver. With the correct driver i had problems with the "drag and drop" (select one corner and then the other corner) window, for selecting entities, but no problem with colors.
I know that there was a compatibility problem with vista and openGL in the beginning, i do not know how it is now (some new drivers have arrived).

Cumprimentos,

Olaio
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Currently I have a 7600GT in the system. I will be changing over to an 8800GT this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Updated drive fixed most the problems. I also have the selection box issue.

olaio, do you run 64bit TS only or both?
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Larry,

I use both. We work with very heavy molds (in terms of complexes geometries). We start the project in TS x32 (we have also the 3GT application installed) and then switch to TS x64 only when necessary.

Cumprimentos,

Olaio