[Solved] Predefined Drawings in TopSolid ?

Drawing, bill of material, 2D design, dimensioning, labeling, tolerances, symbols, title blocks...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

frankm
Private
Private

[Solved] Predefined Drawings in TopSolid ?

Unread post by frankm »

Hi @ all,

the following I want to do:

I design a part in 3D-Mode, save it and create a dft, put the part in, its axes and the measuring, create a parts list and save this file, too.

Now I create a new assembly, put my part in and create a new drawing, because our customer wants all the drawing in one file. (btw, it´s easier for me to handle the drawing numbers, the indexes aso.)

Is it possible, to copy my former single drawing of my single part into the new drawing with all its views, axes, measuring and parts list?

greetings from germany

frankm
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi,

As far as i know the only way to do it, is using the original files with the associativity broken in views and part lits.
For that you have to open the 2D drawing with the option "bonds broken" selected. The file is opened with all the views and tables "basified",plus, his name is changed.
Then start a new drawing (with no template) and the use the command "File->Include" and then select the origin coordinate system (you can use the Drawing Border) and the destination coordinate system.
All your views, dimensions, axis, tables will be included in the new document.
Atention! this new file is NOT associative with the 3D file :(

If anyone knows a better solution please let us know :)

Regards,
frankm
Private
Private

Unread post by frankm »

Hi,

that´s exactly the solution, I was not looking for. :lol:

I think, we have to wait for a further version of TS, but imagine the possibilites:
Creating parts and their drawings, after a while you have a database full of single parts and you only have to put them together in a new drawing, finished!! :wink:

greetings from germany

frankm
Pieter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Pieter »

Hi All,

Something like that already exists: "Predefinied drawing". :)
But it creates a separate dft file, it is not included in an other one.

In general you create the dft. Afterwards you include the part in an assembly. And you ask TopSolid the create a new dft, "in the same way" as the one already created but of course updated (drvers, ...)

Regards

Pieter
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hello,

The Predefined drawing would be the solution, but you can only make one draft per component. But once done, you just have to dimension correctly your component, and the 2D is finished :D

Jehronimo
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

The draft and your limitaions...
Unfortunetly I also need to include predefined drawings in other files and I cant do it... :evil:
TopSolid Users!!!!