PATCHES ARE MUCH BETTER FOR 6.8

Off topic discussions, where you can just relax, have a tea or a coffee, talk about the weather or something else...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

PATCHES ARE MUCH BETTER FOR 6.8

Unread post by Top'Noob »

I know I've done some complaining and pointed out some bad things in the past...

I've noticed a nice improvement and I'd like to highlight it.

With version 6.7, the patches would only update from one specific version to another OR from the basic install to the current patch level. I also seem to remember having to uninstall and re-install a few times because things started acting buggy and it was a huge pain in the ...

If I am reading correctly, it seems like the new patches are able to be installed over any previous version.

I am finding the 6.8 patches easy to apply and the accompanying documentation seems improved as well.

Thanks for the improvements ! 8) :D
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hello,

yes, you are right, it is so easy now...I do not have to check every 2 weeks if a patch is released, like for the 6.7...And I do not know if it works for the international, but on the French TS website, you can subscribe to a mail list that warns you when a patch is available 8) cool :lol: ...

Jehronimo
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I've been patching for almost 3yrs. This is the way to do it. No incremental patches.