[Solved] TopSolid'Cam 64 bits version

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

witold
Private
Private

[Solved] TopSolid'Cam 64 bits version

Unread post by witold »

Is anyone using 64 bits version of TopSolid'Cam?
If yes how much speed you can gain comparing to 32 bits version?
How 64 bits version handle big files (over 100MB)?
Witold P.
digital
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by digital »

I use this version and its much faster. But, it has lots of bugs that need to be patched up. For example, you can't post process your cam files from inside TopSolid'Cam, you have to run TOPP separatelly and manually choose your .cam files that you wish to create ISO code for...
witold
Private
Private

Unread post by witold »

Hi digital,
Thank you for info.
Witold P.
corne

Unread post by corne »

HI
We have also a 64bit system now wehave instal a patch an now we can't start TopSolid cam. who can help me?
i have tried to remove it but that is not possilbe

corne
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

Anyone have some notices from the bugs in 64bits CAM version? I am thinking to change to avoid the waste of time waiting for CAM calculations.
Trusty
Private
Private

64 bits

Unread post by Trusty »

In 32 bits, the maximum memory used in theory by an application is 2gb or 3Gb. In reality, 1.6Gb or 2.5Gb. In 64 bits, you pass to 2Tb ! The speed is different, but can be slower in some cases, faster in others. There is no strict rules. A 3D calculation can be faster, a drilling slower. Because they dont use the same algorythms, the same part of the processor.
For the PP, there is no solution at the moment. PP was made in VB6, strictly 32bits. And a 64bits application cannot launch a 32bits. Perhaps in future... :oops:
Valentin
Private
Private

Unread post by Valentin »

The program works very well in its 64-bit version.

For 32-bit, in great work, always crash.

We need to be able to post a 64-bit program, a year ago since we saw the problem in 32 bits you can not do big jobs CAM, and 64 bits can not be postprocessing internal.

You can install both programs TopSolid TopSolid 32 and 64 at the same time?