Collision

Everything about new TopSolid'Cam 7 software.

Moderators: remi77, Daniel, Bill

Lawrence
Private
Private
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Collision

Unread post by Lawrence »

Why is it that variable elements like soft jaws are not included in collision calculation.

I expect that when I click on collision calculation, I get proper response when jaw hits tool.

I see that I must add each individual jaw dimension and orientation in the machine def itself if I want that.

If I am able to do it with this wasteful method, why cant I just do it with a simple, modular inclusion?
Kyle
Corporal
Corporal
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Re: Collision

Unread post by Kyle »

Hi Lawrence,
If you include them into the Machine Def, they will be automatically checked for collision. However, those soft jaws will always be there.

That is why you are set up the way you are.
Hopefully this makes sense.
Lawrence
Private
Private
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Unread post by Lawrence »

Exactly...

Its not much work, but I am using alot of memory for nothing and I hate having alot of files, my libraries are already big enough.

You guys allow me to do this free, I am not paying extra for collision checking and it works fine.

But as you know, sometimes I do small pieces, sometimes large pieces, Soft jaw is always changing so I dont want to touch that machine def.

Doing it this way I will have 1000 machine def files after 1 year and very low memory.

Makes no sense... And I should not have to buy environment package nor specify them as environment, I already did that when I included them, If I include them, obviously they fall in environment category, this is 100% the case for every programmer we are not including decoration here.

But really, it comes down to this. verify options switches should do as advertised.
Mark Oostveen
Chief
Chief
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Unread post by Mark Oostveen »

Can't you define the yaws as environment ? Than ad a change environment operation to activate them. Ready you are.

Ah you don't have the environment option.

Can't you think of parametric yaws in the mach def which you can also trim in the machining doc, modelling stage?
Than it is OK?