Recently used icon toolbar enhancement request

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Recently used icon toolbar enhancement request

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

I find myself craving a toolbar which would contain a configurable number of the recently used icons. This would be a quick and easy way of repeating a function that has been used recently.

I know I can use the scissor icon at the top of each menu to keep the menu onscreen but I think the recently used toolbar would be more efficient and easier to use especially when using functions from several menus.
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi

You can personalize your own toolbar :)

Rémi :wink:
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

You can personalize your own toolbar
Yes I am aware of this but I want a more dynamic solution.

In other words, If I create a line, then create a circle, then trim some entities, the icons in the recently used toolbar would be:

1. trim
2. circle
3. line

The icons in this toolbar would change constantly to reflect the functions most recently used in the current session.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

This would be like a History of used icons. This could be quite handy.
Tim Haug
Private
Private

Unread post by Tim Haug »

Way back when I used Cadkey. They had an icon history bar that was quite handy. :roll:
protopart
Private
Private

Best Practices for CAD/CAM Software

Unread post by protopart »

would this not fall under a list of "best practices" for CAD/CAM software :?:

there is another software out there i know i cannot mention by name but it was known for its flexible and fun sketcher for at least a decade - we (TS) now have a similar pseudo-sketcher and I would argue that this type of "function" meets the criteria for a best practices entry:

FROM WIKIPEDIA "best practices" Best practices can be defined as the most efficient (least amount of effort) and effective (best results) way of accomplishing a task, based on repeatable procedures that have proven themselves over time for large numbers of people.

note: most of these ts handles quite well - but some are non-existant
*recently used icon list / area of window
*efficient 2d sketcher - with flexible constraints for arriving at full definition
*simple element color modification / definition
*the option to undo?? redo?
*simple creation/identification/modification of constraints
*ability to modify geometry via easy modification of dimensions on the screen
*ability to have icons that represent the various views of your current coordsys: top, bot, left, right, front, back, etc

and the list goes on
these are just examples to get the blood pumping - the crux of the matter is which items belong on the list of "best practitces" that we are being deprived of and is it worth an :D effort to lobby for certain one to be incorporated sooner rather than later?? For instance - i have probably spent more time writing this rant that it would take a programmer to add a "recently used icons" toolbar along with the option to turn it on or off per personal preference.

any thoughts? :P