Forum about TopSolid'Design 7 release.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel, Bill, Romain

marco
Private
Private

Real time data update

Unread post by marco »

Dear All,
Untill the TS 2008 I could manipulate geometries and see parametrs values changing in real time. Moreover I coud manipulate the 2D geometries driving 3D surfaces, and see the entire system changing in real time. I'm trying to figurate out how this works in the new TopSolid 7. I automatically have a sketch with 2D geometries, and , to build a shape on this geometry, I have to do that outside the sketch. So it seems I cannot manipulate in real time both things, and see in the screen both changes. I manipulate the sketch and then I go back to the shape and only in that moment I see it updated. Is this the way the new TS works or I am doing something wrong? What is sure that I cannot work as I used in the last 5 years. Maybe there is some visualization mode I cannot find. Then, any way to control line style, points style, line thikness, activate/deactivate layers, make a layer current etc?
Regards.
Marco Verde Engineer, MArch
www.p-a-web.com
www.marco-verde.blogspot.com
FrDel
Private
Private

Unread post by FrDel »

So you have a shape made of a sketch?

double click on the shape, you'll show the sketch, and the extrusion dimensions. then double click the skecth, you'll see the dimensions of this skecth.

To hide the skecth or the dimensions, just double click again on the shape.

it should be easier than TS6 (clicking on the driving elements icon then clicking on the shape).

Regards,
marco
Private
Private

Unread post by marco »

The point is that I don't want to get in the sketch mode in order to edit the geometry of the shape. I want to be able to move, for example, a control point of the generative curve and see "in real time" the change in the shape as well. This was normal in the old versions.
Any comment on that?
www.p-a-web.com
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi marco

unfortunatly, i do not believe that you can do this in TS 7.
Even in TS 6 if you use the sktech tool to create shapes, you are not able to modify the sketch "on the fly".

cumprimentos,

olaio
marco
Private
Private

Unread post by marco »

Soo bad. I really do not understand the point of such a change. Actually, I never used the sketch mode, since I guess that one of the most powerful features of parametric associative software is the continuous 3D integral interaction that, as designer, you can have with your design/system and final product at the same time. I need a real time update of data, I need moving a slider in real time parametrically controlling, for example, the diameter of a hole and se in real time everything being updated. I need this to verify “in every momentâ€
www.p-a-web.com
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

I am just starting to get involved with TS7 personally but so far it seems that the intent was to make it very easy to get into the sketch and make a change. I think that once we get used to this new style of working the simplification provided by editing the sketch without seeing the part will be seen as a welcome enhancement.

Once a change is made we can use UNDO & RE-DO to evaluate the effect of our changes. 8)
marco
Private
Private

Unread post by marco »

Well, due to the usage I do of the software, this kind of rigid separation sketch 3D is a drawback. In addition, I cannot do the same kind of designs and explorations I use to do! I cannot even do the simplest exercise I used to teach to my students! I should have at least the chance to shift from the TS7 "frozen mode" to a dynamic/interactive mode. “Undoâ€
www.p-a-web.com