TopSolid'Mold User

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

TopSolid'Mold User

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

I would like to know if they have many TopSolid'Mold user on this forum, we could see many people look the post in this section but just 2 or 3 ask some question or reply. I would like to know if they have some people who use TopSolid'Mold to design a complete mold (A to Z) + complete detail or they use it just to split the part and switch to an other software after. Just a small reply how you use TopSolid'Mold module. Because I feel like we are just few people who use this module. That will help us after to ask more question and be more active on this forum.

Private
Private

Unread post by 996 »

Hi,

I have more customer that use TopSolid'Mold from A to Z.

Regards

Luigi
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

USA

That's great to ear, but I would like to have some feed back from Canada & USA user sbout how far they use that module
Tim Haug
Private
Private

Unread post by Tim Haug »

I use it from A to Z. Have been using it for one year.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

This is good to ear
corne

Unread post by corne »

We use it to A-Z include TopSolid'Cam in the netherlands
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Upto now is good to ear than the people who have TopSolid'Mold the use-it from A-Z, but with all the people who have the TopSolid solution and are incribe to the forum I'm surprise than we do not have more comment than that.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Use it from A-Z. Been using it for 2 years.
Jonathan
Private
Private

TopSolid'Mold Users

Unread post by Jonathan »

We have been using TopSolid'Mold since 2003. I personally mostly use it for quoting and reviewing part and completed mold designs. Our Mold Designer uses it to design the complete mold. Sometimes we will make animation/kinetics of the mold on more complex designs to relay visually to customers how it will work. We also do some plastic part designs in Top Solid.
protopart
Private
Private

Unread post by protopart »

We acquired TS design, mold, and cam last november 06
since then i have been spending as much time as i can (like a video game i want to "beat") on any file i receive.
We also use TS extensively for quoting since looking at a core and cavity split is so much more useful than even a part sample model in my hands (anyone care to debate that one?!?)
I have used the package to take a customer's faxed artwork and rough sketch and turn it into a two-piece assembly veteran's grave-site marker with integral flag holder. This was actually fun (had to fabricate some lifters that could have been avoided if i was not such a noob) and came out very well. A friend with MCX-artcam helped with some wreathing but other than that i took it soup to nuts.

My goal is to learn how to fully exploit the capabilities of all three modules we use - design, mold, and cam. We are a small moling shop (about 1MM sales 30/70 molds/parts) whose only option to survive is to get better at what we do with each passing day (if you're not moving ahead you might as well be moving backwards...) - TopSolid is a key component in making this possible.
Like any revolutionaly tool, it has the the ability to simplify by orders of magnitude, a tedious, time-consuming, critical process of creating tooling.

In conclusion i accept this honor...oops wrong speach...

In conclusion i say bring it on - i would be thrilled to have chats on any of the modules in pursuit of achieving Top'Enlightenment.

Keith
Proto Part Inc
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

protopart wrote: Top'Enlightenment
Amen.

We also have Top'Mold and Top'Cam.

I am using Top'Mold to do complete designs but because of my limited experience I am still not as efficient as I could be. practice practice...