missing components

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

missing components

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

We have one seat of TopSolid at my company. Other users sometimes need to view mold designs that I have completed (using the TS demo mode) but often there are issues with missing components... Example: a locating ring that I have created in "My 3D Standards" doesn't show up in the design...

What can I do to make these files easier for other users to deal with ?

I would use viewer files but since the viewer file doesn't open in the full TS version I feel that the reduced functions would hinder their productivity...
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi,

the easy way (for me) it is to use the option "File -> mail to"
TopSolid will create a zip file with your document and all the referenced documents (your standards and TS standards).

Cumprimentos,

Olaio
Attachments
Send to.JPG
Send to.JPG (16.03 KiB) Viewed 12028 times
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I believe the 2008 viewer program does open TS files now.
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

I believe the 2008 viewer program does open TS files now.
That's not what I meant.

My associates like to open all files with the regular TS version (in demo mode). I was thinking that if I saved my mold design as a "viewer" file they could open it without having to deal with the missing components... Unfortunately a viewer file cannot be opened in the regular version of TS...
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

To make sure a file has all componets. Use the LINK function under the FILE menu. With this command you can make a new copy of the job and all of it's componets to a new directory and it re-links the new file to the componets in it's own folder. That way if you have your own componets it will copy them to the new folder and link the linked out mold design to those componets. This way you don't have to worry about updating ever computer with your own library componets.

I use this all the time for customers.

You need to make sure all systems are on the same patch however.

Hope that helps.
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks for the help guys.

I guess those suggestions may work. I was hoping for something a little more automatic like a .cfg setting that would force output of all related files upon saving.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

If you find something like that. Let me know. That would be a good option though.
Trent
Private
Private

Copy over your library

Unread post by Trent »

Just copy over everything from your Missler/Config/LIB3D folder. Or whatever custom folder you use. If everyone has all the same components the files open without a problem.
You would have to copy over any new custom components you make as you create them.
This also means that you don't have to output components with every design you send to them. We use it all the time, works great.
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Yeah, That is probably the smartest thing to do. I will automate this task by having my backup utility copy any new library files every night.
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

We use the Group folder located in a network place.

It works fine for us....
TopSolid Users!!!!
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

I have allready post in the past in sugeestion section this.

We know now in the viewer the customer could turn on & off some level.
But when we have a mold with few hundred compoment it will be better if we could have access to the special gestion of the mold same as in the mold module as EJECTION / INJECTION , COMPOMENTS, BLOC, ACTION ETC
I think that will help a lot and this is faster than exporting a solid and import it in an other soft and blank it one by one, specialy when we don't want to give the REAL file away when is just for approbation.

Because now if I use the viewer to see a mold with hundred of part, many of them could be on the same level and it's not evident to find the good item and to see only this one, switch or turn on & off few item. Or I will have to switch my self to different level all my mold item for a better comprehension with the viewer, but that take a lot of time. We are all agree than one of the beauty of the mold modul is the mold gestion menu.

I came back again with this proposition and if that are interesting you just give a comment and may be Missler will take that in considaration as others software (SW)
Last edited by RICHARD LALONDE on Fri May 30, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Hello Richard. Would "Mold Visualization" be the same as "Mold Gestion".

If it is, I entirely agree. TopSolid Viewer needs the same abilitiy to turn componets off and on when you open a Mold file. I also currently have to spend time sorting The "A" side to one layer, then the "B", ejection, slides, lifters. So it is viewable.

Great Idea. It's been suggested before as you said.
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Yes, please. It is awesome that Missler provides a "viewer" program for our customers but unfortunately it is too limited.

I think the Mold Visualization should be improved.

I also think the "blank" function should be easier to use in viewer. We need the "sunglasses" like in the full version of the software.