2008 Mold Problem Selecting Parts

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

2008 Mold Problem Selecting Parts

Unread post by Larry M. »

Well I'm attempting my first mold in 2008. I inserted my part as normal. But when I went and tried to create my Parting Lines it would not let me select the part. I could select the part hiding in the background then it would. So I got my Parting Lines finally created. So I went to create the "Shell Parts command" I can't select a PART. I went to create a Core/Cavity Block. It will not let me select the PART.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Are you sure that the paet you have on screen is the part to inject? When I read your post, it seems you got the no hole part on screen...

Can you confirm? If it is this "problem", it is not something specific for this release...this part exists since...the beginning :D

Jehronimo
Trent
Private
Private

Unread post by Trent »

I haven't had that issue.

Try "blanking" or turning of the part on the screen. Then turn the part back on from the visualization menu. This will insure that you don't have the "no holes part" visible by accident.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I just started over and it worked this time.

I know there is a part hiding in the background always. It's the one that gets imprinted and is actually used to make the core cavity blocks.