[SOLVED] BOM, quantities and executive drawings

Drawing, bill of material, 2D design, dimensioning, labeling, tolerances, symbols, title blocks...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Viktor Havlicek
Private First Class
Private First Class

[SOLVED] BOM, quantities and executive drawings

Unread post by Viktor Havlicek »

Hallo NG
Please take a look at Fig.1A

On the left there is an assembly with 18 elements. Bom report quantity correctly.
I have to draw an executive drawing.
So, I have to draw a single element (on the right ). Operator has to do 18 elements… but, bom just say only 1 element. (that ‘correct: bom is correlate directly with view reporting 1 element)
How can I manage this problem correctly? Yes, via Table modification\manual modification I can change it manually but … Can TS get it automatically?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Fig.1A.jpeg
Last edited by Viktor Havlicek on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

I think you have to do the BOM of the assembly to get the correct number....

jehronimo
Viktor Havlicek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hallo jehronimo

This could be a trick. But TS knows how many childrens has that father-component … Bill is correlate directly to that view … and a check box in prompt line should let me choose in getting son’s quantities like in assembly bill of materials.

Regards
paul-ince
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by paul-ince »

I think you can create a filter in the assembly draft view.
The filter should be "By element", then you check "All elements except..." and then you click on one element "9" and one "45" in the file top.
Then you create your BOM of the assembly.

In this way when you use the filter in the view you have one element, when you uncheck the filter you have all the elements while the BOM is always the one of the assembly.
Viktor Havlicek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ciao paul-ince

Thanks for reply, I will give it a try!

Regards
Viktor Havlicek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Here we are. Please see pic.1.
As usual, 18 elements have been repetited.
Exceptions allows me to hide elements I’m not interested in… but my wonderful BOM doesn’t subtract those elements (11 pieces) … because it is directly view correlate.
Please don’t suggest me to modify quantities manually: TS knows how many pieces are composing my repetition and it should be able to manage it like I need (wish perhaps?).

As reported in my previous post: … and a check box in prompt line should let me choose in getting son’s quantities like in assembly bill of materials.

… or, please, show me correct way if it exist.

I will eternally grateful.
Regards
Attachments
Pic.1 Exceptions and quanties.jpeg
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Viktor,

you are absolutely rigth, it should have a bom property that return the total quantity of similar parts.
Now we use two "tricks" to have the total number of elements:
1 - Change manually the quantity (the solution that you do not want) :!:
2 - Make another main view, with all the elements, and then when we create the bom we use the option "DRAFTING" instead of selecting a view. In this way we get the total quantity correct. After you can hide/change layer the view.

I know this is not the solution that you wishes, but this is a way to get what you need :wink:

By the way, there is a property that we can use in the bom called "TOTAL COUNT" that looks could solve our problem, but i saw no diference between this property and the property "COUNT". If any one knows the diference ...

Cumprimentos,

Olaio
Viktor Havlicek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hallo NG

OK! Thank you for sharing your trick.
In my opinion, problem has been solved.

Regards.