Problems with dwg export

Drawing, bill of material, 2D design, dimensioning, labeling, tolerances, symbols, title blocks...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

d.k.liu
Private First Class
Private First Class
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Problems with dwg export

Unread post by d.k.liu »

I have a lot of problems with dwg export.

1. Scale gets messed up with multipage drafts
I have draft documents with multiple pages.
There are some views/sketches that are common to many pages.
These views are not 1:1 in scale
When the draft document is exported as dwg, the common views are correctly scaled in Page 1 but the revert to 1:1 (which is wrong) in all other pages.

2. Export multiple document with conversion lacks combine pages option
When multipage draft docs are exported using the "Export several document with conversion" command, all pages are put on top of each other in the model space. There is no way to separate them into individual layouts similar to the "Export Pages in the same doc" option that's available if I "Export document with conversion".

3. Secondary dimension is not exported
I turned on inches as secondary dimension, but these disappear in dwg. Although there are differences in formatting options, dwg does have 'Alternative dimension' capability that can be used for secondary dimensions.

4. Rotated dimensions
Dimensions rotated to be horizontal (for vertical geometries) become vertical when exported to dwg

5. Font
Font for generic text is properly exported. However, dimensions usually reverts back to the default (txt.sh).

6. Text leaders with junctions
Arrow head remains but the polyline leader disappears in the dwg

Suffice to say, I have to manipulate every single dwg exported. Which is a major PITA!
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Re: Problems with dwg export

Unread post by RaudMees »

hi,

I have same situation and nice to have some information is there any solution today or is it still in PITA mode?

RM