Unhide Compass (Solution)

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unhide Compass (Solution)

Unread post by Larry M. »

I thought I'd just put a post up here for all of us that at one time unchecked Display Compass. I did last night and spent an hour of life trying to remember how to get it back and didn't find anything on the forums about it. So I thought if I could save someone else the hassle, good.

First "Display Compass" is File Type dependent. So It could be on in some type of documents and off in others.

THE FIX: So just open up a document of the type the compass is not appearing in anymore (I usually just open a new one) and then goto to your pull down menu File/Properties. Document properties opens up, goto the Compass Options and recheck the Display compass box and hit OK.
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

Hello Larry, this is a good post, I think there are many items like this that come up with the TopSolid interface, I know I receive the question many times about where the layers bar has vanished to, You can right click on the top bar of the interface to show or hide it, thanks for the tip!
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Another problem I forgot to put on here. Is sometimes your compass will disappear from the corner even though it's "ON". You can make it goto the current UCS and see it but as soon as you tell it to go do default position it disappears.

Solution: Go and select the "Configure View" pull down icon (just before the sunglasses) and then select perspective from the pop up menu. You Must do it through "Configure View". Then the compass will reappear. Then save it.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

be careful, in a close "future", the compass setting will go to Tools, Options, as it is not today really linked to the file (I mean, uncheck the compass options in File, Properties, save the file, open it...hey, bu the compass is still there :-( :? )

jehronimo[/i]