[solved] Kinematic movement

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

GrainWise
Private First Class
Private First Class

[solved] Kinematic movement

Unread post by GrainWise »

Hello all,

I'm working on a project that involves a couple of moving parts that I need to test, and I've not worked with the kinematic side very much. I've attached the file that I'm working with...I'm trying to get the movements figured out before polishing up the design.

I've got the movement that I want from the handle (25*rotation from the base), but I'm looking to keep p1 and p2 (named elements) in alignment along the length of the base; basically keeping the base and rod in alignment.

Some guidance in getting this to work out would be appreciated. I'm sure that I'm either just missing an element, or inadvertently over-constraining the model.

Thanks!

-Kevin
Attachments
Kinematic study.top
(47.54 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Last edited by GrainWise on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

I upload a fixed file (I hope so!!) :D

Ok, the major issue on your file was thos done : you named all the joint, and this is not a good idea, because all the named joint must be drived in the scenario after. So in your case, most of you joints have to be ANONYMOUS (ok, not the same than the Internet 8) )

Then, I deleted all your joints, unite the rigid element, and drive the ThisOne joint in the scenario...Just have a look to it and have fun (or not :? )!

jehronimo
Attachments
Kinematic study+.top
(65.07 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
GrainWise
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by GrainWise »

Jehronimo,

Thanks for the assistance! This is what I'm looking for. I'll keep playing around with this...it's a lot of fun getting the model to move around!

Thanks also for the information about naming the joints, and only naming the one that you want to do the driving.

Cordially,

Kevin
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi Kevin,

You're welcome :wink: