EDGE SHAPE

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RATATUI
Private
Private

EDGE SHAPE

Unread post by RATATUI »

Hi everybody,

please can anybody help me with the following problem:

I have to shape a line near the edge of the cube, but when the distance is 0,01[mm] the small cubes changes its size to 5,01. :(

What kind of solutions exist.
Attachments
edge_shape.top
example
(38.16 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
edge_shape.pdf
(118 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
cu,

RATATUI...
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I get the same results. Basically your uniting a block .01mm below a line you've imprinted. No matter which order you do it in it causes the united block to distort. I thought it must be a system tolerance issue, but when I change the tolerance all the way up to .001mm under document properties I got the same result. If you change the .01mm parameter to .011mm it works fine, you change it to .01mm it distorts.

Hopefull one of the Missler guys/gals can give us an answer.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Well, It seems that you will have to modify the "Modeling Tolerance" under Document Properties under General. Then recreate the blocks. It's seems blocks created with a larger tolerance retain that even if you tighten the tolerance to unite them. Once I changed the tolerance to .002mm and recreated the block and Imprinted edge it worked fine all the way down to .002mm gap.

Side note: Love that rat movie.
Attachments
edge_shape_2.top
Fixed File
(37.64 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
RATATUI
Private
Private

Unread post by RATATUI »

Hi Larry,

:) :) .
cu,