3DConexxion Space Pilot does not work with 64bit version

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

3DConexxion Space Pilot does not work with 64bit version

Unread post by Larry M. »

I just got my full 64bit system up and running and found out that 3Dconnexion does not support the serial port Spaceballs for it. So off to the store I went and purchased and Spacepilot that has 64bit support. Well it works great in 32bit for everything including TopSolid, but in 64bit it works great for everything except TopSolid.

It looks like it's trying to move the model but nothing happens. All that happens is the active UCS plane dissappears (The grid) and thats it. You let go and it's where you were before. But if you twist it and start moving the mouse, it will sometimes all of a sudden jump.

I tried another cad program I have and it works fine with the device in 64bit mode.

I could really use a fix for this please?
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

By reading some posts on this forum, it seems that some people are unaware of the latest patches...

The latest TS patch is 6.8.232

The latest cam patch on the website is 6.8.224 but the ftp has up to 6.8.232

I can see in the release note that there were some 3d Connexion changes made at the 6.8.228 patch level...

So are you all patched up ?
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

I'm at 224 currently. Updating to 232 now, I'll let you know.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

I was at 228 but I'm now at 232. Still same result, moving the part with the spacepilot does not work. Any key commands I set up work though. And it works with other programs I have in the 64bit os. So something must be up with TopSolid.