[Solved] create contour hides entities that I still need

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

[Solved] create contour hides entities that I still need

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

I have noticed that when I am using "create contour" in both the old and new sketcher in version 6.8 the entities I select to guide the contour disappear as soon as I select them. I find I must often select the INV=SHO in order to complete my contour.

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing :?:
Last edited by Top'Noob on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hello,

Do you notice that you have in the function Create contour some options? You can set them by >>...There is an option, Make curve invisible=...probably on your PC this value is set to YES...And it has to be = NO to let the construction curve visible.

Jehronimo
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks Jehronimo.

I missed that option.

It still doesn't seem right to me though. I want TS to hide the entities but I want it to wait until the sketch is done.

Does it make any sense at all to have the entity disappear as soon as it is clicked ? I don't understand why.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

For me, it does not make sense, that is why i do not use this option :)

The problem is : with the "contour" creation, there is no beginning, no end, so how the system can know what entities to hide? The best solution in this way, is to use the Driving elements command that will let you choose when you want to hide (or show) the constructive elements.

But a better solution is : use the sketcher mode:!: I guess this is exactly what you want to do...Of course, I am speaking about he 2007 release... Do you got it? :? :roll:

Jehronimo
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Yes I do have the 2007 release.

I have been switching back and forth between the old and new sketchers...

I didn't realize that there was an advantage specifically related to this topic.

I will try to use the newer one and see if that helps...