TopSolid API - Changing a parameter

All topics about specific development with COM interface, LIP language, API in VB, ...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

breddington
Private
Private

TopSolid API - Changing a parameter

Unread post by breddington »

Hi,

I'm new to API programmming. I want to write a program in Visual Basic that will change a parameter within TopSolid.

I've written the following code, and the first part of the program works, i.e, I can create a new parameter "rad" and it appears in the "Edit List". However, when I try to change the parameter using the "SetConvertedValue" command I get and error - "' Get Compile error Expected:=". Any body got any ideas as to what the problem is? Also is there any API training material available?

Thanks,

Bill

-----
Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim TopDoc3D As TopSolid.Document
Dim TopParam As TopSolid.Parameter

Dim strName As String
Dim paramValue As Double

Set TopApp = New TopSolid.Application
Set TopDoc3D = TopApp.CurrentDocument ' TopDoc3D is the current file - Note File needs to be open

TopApp.Visible = True ' Show TopSolid if it is minimised

'create parameter
paramValue = 70
strName = "rad"
Set TopParam = TopDoc3D.Params.AddBasic(paramValue, "mm")

' set name to param
TopParam.Element.Name = strName ' rad = 30 appears in Edit list after this command

' to modify the value the parameter.
TopParam.SetConvertedValue(25, "mm")
' Get Compile error Expected:=

End Sub
--------------------------------[/b]
breddington
Private
Private

Changing parmeter using API

Unread post by breddington »

I worked out the problem with my previous post in relation to changing the value of a paramter using an API.

A Dim statement for "TopSolid.Element" needs to be included at the start of the program before the use of the “SearchElementByName(strName)â€