using files from newer versions

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

jacob
Private
Private

using files from newer versions

Unread post by jacob »

Hi,

Is it possible to import files from newer TopSolid versions into older versions? If so, how?

Thanks!
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

It is very simple : you must use Parasolid format file :D

BR,

jehronimo
jacob
Private
Private

Unread post by jacob »

That would mean, that we need to save all our drawings in parasolid format for our client to be able to read it? And if so, is it possible for TopSolid to automatically select that format when saving? Are there any possible problems to take into account when we start to use this format ourselves ( so not the original format anymore )?

This is important to us, since we have a client who has not upgraded anymore, and is not willing to, but who will need our drawings to work with.

Thank you!
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi jacob,

I'm trouble by your words...you speak about "drawings", does it mean 2D file? In this case, except the dxf or 2D iges, I do not "see" any solutions.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't know any CAD system that allow to go down easily between versions. Because the file format modification is involving new capacities for your soft, and at least in TopSolid it is not possible to go in this way.

In your case, I see a solution : save your file in your TopSolid version, and export those files with the MultiConverter tool that allows you to covert in batch mode a lot of files from a format to another format.

BR,

jehronimo