Mold Propagation (offset) enhancement

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Mold Propagation (offset) enhancement

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Since I am a Top'Noob it is possible that this feature already exists and I just haven't found it yet...

Often in designing a mold we have a set of 4 components (leader pins for example) that are in a standard pattern (mirrored across XZ / YZ planes) with the only exception being one corner being the "offset" corner which is slightly offset from the rest of the pattern to prevent assembling the mold incorrectly...

When I create a feature like this I find myself creating the component twice... Once for the offset corner and then again for the standard locations...

I am thinking it would be really nice to create a single component, propagate it across the XZ / YZ moldbase plane, and then have the option of specifying a special "offset" for any one of the 4 pins...

Is there already a way to do this easily ?
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

If you copy your leader pin, you do not have any problem. But , the double mirror will no longer exist, because you will have a driven dimension for each result.

If you absolutely need to use a duplicaiton of component, you can use a propagation on frame...

Jehronimo
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

OK, thanks for the help Jehronimo. 8)

So I guess it seems that I have options...

I guess either of your solutions would work ok but to me it still seems that some sort of additional function in the software could make the handling of offset corner components simpler...