UCS Selection for Step & Parasolid Output

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

UCS Selection for Step & Parasolid Output

Unread post by Larry M. »

I'd like to see the ability to pick which UCS is 0/0 when outputting Step and Parasolid data. Just like iges is already.

I design molds, and if the mold UCS is not on the absolute "0" ucs, it outputs off of center of mold. All this does is cause problems. Everything is off location. Currently I have to duplicate all the componets across to a design file to the absolute "0", break their associativity, and then output them. I think everyone will benefit from this option. Same problem with electrodes if you have TS put it in machine position. If you output step or para it outputs a file with the electrode in it's original location, not the machine position.

Thank you....
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi Larry,

it already exists for the Parasolid :!: At the export, the system aks you for a coordiante system as the 0. By default, it is set to Absolute, but you can switch it to Current :wink:

And once the Parasolid has been exported, you just have to open it, and export this converted file in Step...Just so easy :D

Jehronimo
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Boy am I feeling a bit dumb....... Thanks Jehronimo.. I must have been thinking of step only.