Top Cam focus enhancement

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Top Cam focus enhancement

Unread post by Top'Noob »

When creating toolpaths I sometimes need to analyze something in the file to set the appropriate values in the operation.

Example: If I want to restrict the depth of the toolpath I may want to measure a distance in the file...

I am able to analyze OK but I have to "QUIT" or ESC after measuring or the focus does not return to the toolpath operation window.

Focus should be restored to the toolpath window upon the first click within it.

Currently it almost seems to hang TopSolid'Cam and I can't OK the operation until I finish the activity that TopSolid'Cam is waiting for (analyze)

P.S. It would be really excellent if SOMEBODY from Missler would jump into these discussions with a reply like...

This request has been logged by Missler Tech Support as reference number .......

Thank You for helping us improve TopSolid !
Francois
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Francois »

I would like to add something...
why not put directly beside the fields, a button that automatically enables the analyse distance/length function.

like, don't remember a depth? press the button beside the field where you would enter that value, the toolpath operation window closes, you select a line or measure between two points, the toolpath operation window reappears with the value already entered in the field.

you may have guessed i didn't think of that alone, it's the way it has been in surfcam for a long time.

I too would like to know if our comments are even read by someone from missler.
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Building on your idea Francois...

A menu like this showing up when an input field is right clicked (or perhaps on a button like you said) would be so much better !

For your request I would click "Z coordinate of point"

TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Missler Readers

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

I really dont know if someone from Missler read this forum. but I also think that this software could be implemented with some simple solutions to let our work easier.

1. Resizeable windows (Operations, toptool, processes, etc..)
2. Make the operation windows be dockable in any side of the screen. This way we could always see it while working in the CAM file.
3. Better feature recognition. TopSolid only recognizes automaticaly the features previously modeled in TopSolid Design. When we work with imported models we need to create the edges to work on them.

What all of you think about it?
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hello,

What I know about some items:

1. This is not possible because it seems that it is not a full Windows system. The windows sizes are coded in the soft :(
2. This is not the case?? I do not really pay attention to this...
3. I use the part simplification, it is not suitable for you?? I also work after this operation with the Face modification operation, it is pretty good first step. This is not a full recognition, but at least, it helps me a lot in my part modification :? not you?

Jehronimo
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

The problem is when we need to import parasolid files to machine directly to the TopSolid CAM.

It works like a 2D software because we need to copy edges and create non associatives profiles.