new library

Everything about new TopSolid'Cam 7 software.

Moderators: remi77, Daniel, Bill

solidsnake
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

new library

Unread post by solidsnake »

I created a new library with reference topsolidmachining
I deleted all other references
inside a folder I have designed a simple miller
I associate the functions
shank tooling, tool offset, collision analysis shape, face mill, cutting revolution shape, collision analysis revolution shape
I saved and checked in
I tried to do a contour in the cam
I put the reference library created
when I choose the tool I see the library but not the drill
why??
the tool l I drew as a part
I try to draw it in assembly?
how to view the tool designed in cam?
Mark Oostveen
Chief
Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Unread post by Mark Oostveen »

Hi,

Here is how it workded for me.

First of all. A contour cannot be done with a drill. The Drill is not in the type list to choose from.

But Okay, supose you created a hole and want to machine that. Than you schould be able to see the drill in case you select the type of tool to use the same as the type you provided the functions for.

So if you created the tool and selected (using the component wizard) the twisted drill, you have to select twisted drill to do the operation.

In the toolchanger you have to select the catalog button, and again in the catalog, you have to press the catalog button (second from above) and select you own library.

After that you might have to play around with the filter. This is the upper button in the catalog window. Just switch it off (left bottom corner of the filter window). Now you schould be able to see all tools. Assembled and components, of each diameter meeting the type you choose to do the operation with.

I hope this helps.

For me it is fine, it works.

Mark

Oh and..... you might want to keep your posts\questions in one thread. You already started 3 threads about the same thing.... It will help to see the progress about the subject.