tool cam 7

Everything about new TopSolid'Cam 7 software.

Moderators: remi77, Daniel, Bill

solidsnake
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

tool cam 7

Unread post by solidsnake »

designing and using tools in the cam 7 ... how?
examples are not starting from a library if you do not already done ...
Starting from scratch with the design parameters and functions of the tools used in the cam ...
Personal tools create a new library ... how?
tutorials in a library is imported ready-made ... but not from scratch
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Unread post by Bill »

Hi,
This is a big topic. It might be best to contact your local reseller for more information on this. However, I will tell you that there is a tutorial that ships with the software. This tutorial works based on some sample data that is availalble in the installation directory of the software. The document will tell you where. I have included a screen shot to show you where to find this tutorial.

Now once you understand the basics from within the tutorial, you might want to create a family of tools. For example you might want to create a family to drive all of the different drills that you will use. To do this you first must know how to define a family. I can help you with that. Here is a link to a tutorial:

http://www.clear-cut.com/?page_id=515

Please also note that in order for your tools that you create to be usable by all projects, you must check them into the vault and validate them. As well, you must add a reference to your project that contains your tools. You do this in your project tree by right mouse clicking on the references folder.

I hope this info helps
Attachments
Here is a screen shot as to how to find the tutorial for tool creation.
Here is a screen shot as to how to find the tutorial for tool creation.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc