Installation with Vista 64

Issues and questions related to TopSolid installation.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

P3cho
Private
Private

Installation with Vista 64

Unread post by P3cho »

Hello,
Our company recently upgraded its OS to Vista Buissness 64. And now I need some help with TS2008 installation. I tried installing TS like on windows XP Pro, but TS doesn't run. I keep getting error report on startup. Can anybody help?

Thx
P3cho
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

Can you give us more informations about this error report?

BR,

Jehronimo
Sobota Marcin
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by Sobota Marcin »

How many RAM you have?
AdeQuateSolutions, Germany
TopSolid Wood, Wood CAM
P3cho
Private
Private

Unread post by P3cho »

I have 4GB of RAM. Machine is HP 8710w (Nvidia quadro 1600M, and Core 2 Duo T9300). OS is Vista Buissness 64.

Error report says something about configuration not being right.
P3cho
Private
Private

Unread post by P3cho »

Hello again,

I tried Installing it on Win XP Professional and it works just fine. I then tried To install it with Vista Business 32bit and it doesn't work. Is there a specific installation for Vista? Jeronimo you were talking something about that in a different topic. Like I mentioned I used autoplay from Misslers DVD, selected 64 bit TS2008 and followed on screen instructions till the end. I also installed Sentinel drivers and C++ redistributable.

Everything else on Vista works just fine. It's a genuine Vista supplied with HP. I can't literaly tell you what the report is, because Vista is in my native language, and not english. It's something like this: " The program failed to load, because its parallel architecture it not right/correct. For more information check program history...."

I really need some help with this, because we bought 64bit notebook and OS just to enhance performance of TS and other demanding applicatins

Best regards
P3cho
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

Unfortunetly TS is Outdated... in my company we cant buy new computers with vista because the local supplier tell us that TS does not works fine on vista systems.

However working wuth XP Pro we have Several TS errors (Fatal errors, Visual C Error, memory errors, unespecified errors that the TS only freeze a totaly white screen) that reallly annoy us.
TopSolid Users!!!!
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi
Everything else on Vista works just fine. It's a genuine Vista supplied with HP. I can't literaly tell you what the report is, because Vista is in my native language, and not english. It's something like this: " The program failed to load, because its parallel architecture it not right/correct. For more information check program history...."
Maybe you have to install manually some redistruable Windows modules that are on your DVD.

Just try to go in your DVD folder Visual (by exploring the DVD), and install vcredist_x64.exe . I think it can help. Another thing, if you install the CAM, you may also install register_X64.bat that is in your D:\missler\v69\bin\toptool directory.

Please let us know.

Jehronimo
P3cho
Private
Private

Unread post by P3cho »

Me again,

I have tried what Jehronimo said. It doesn't work on Vista 64bit, but it works great on Vista Businnes 32 bit. So far everything works just fine. Thank you Jehronimo. Oh and also with Vista you need Vista sp1.

Initial feelings (purely subjective) are that it works even better with Design and Mold with bigger assemblies. Haven't tried CAM though....

Thank you for help.

Rgds
P3cho
cousaert
Private
Private

Unread post by cousaert »

I have a new PC with vista 64 bit
I tried to install TopSolid but it doesn't work

when I try to start TopSolid I get the following errors

*unable to open file (\local\englischUS\top.dic)
*unable to open file (\bin\top.tol)
*file not found (top.cod)

I did install Everything as I'm used to in XP (but now with 64 bit of course)

I installed "SentinelProtectionInstaller7.5.0" to find the USB key
I installed vcredist_x64
top.cod should be right also

I don't know what I did wrong

Can anyone help me?
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi,

The problem looks to be in the registry.
I think that you have installed TS in the administrator user and then try to use TS with a diferent user.
You need to do that:

1 - Run regedit.
2 - Go to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Wow6432Node \SOFTWARE\Missler Software\TopSolid by Missler Software" Key
3 - Select the option "export" and save it like "Missler" in your documents folder.
4 - Go to the explorer and edit the "Missler" document.
5 - Replace "\ Wow6432Node \" with " \ "
6 - Save the "Missler" document.
7 - In regedit import the "Missler" document.

It should work.

Cumprimentos,

Olaio