Machining Tolerances

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

zen
Private
Private

Machining Tolerances

Unread post by zen »

How would I make it so I can add a back panel with a rabbet on it into a cabinet case and have it cut the groove into the sides, top and bottom and allow for 0.5mm extra in the groove so the panel will fit easier. Currently I have the back panel and 4 sides that have a groove cut into them and have those tools named, however if I pick the wrong tool for the wrong side it won't work correctly. I tried using the "Subtract Operation on Shapes" and selecting the back panel which works well I just need to have some extra room in my groove for the panel to fit.

Thanks
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

Hello Brad, Using the subtraction function will not directly drive your machining process, Normally when you create a component with tools you must allow that the operation will will be slightly bigger than your part, drive your part with a value, then drive your groove with that parameter plus an allowance.

When you use your component you can now choose the option "use collisions" which does not require you to select the individual faces. this was a new feature in 2009.

Hope this helps