Any Mac users?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Any Mac users?

Unread post by Robert »

Is there anyone running TS on a Mac?

I'm looking at getting a Mac Pro and running Parallels which will allow me to run XP Professional and Mac OX simultaneously. I have to much software to switch to a PC.

Thanks
PK
Private
Private

Unread post by PK »

Hi Robert,

we have here several Apple iMac and MacBook Pro running with TopSolid.
It works great.
You just have to install Windows XP with Service Pack2 also on the machine by using Boot Camp for it.
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

PK,

What graphics card are you running on your iMac?

Thanks
PK
Private
Private

Unread post by PK »

Hi Robert,

On the iMac we have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB.
I would not recommend to use the ATI graphics card. For our needs here it is good enough. There are some little things which don´t look 100% good. Also I don´t know how good for example the rendering works with the ATI.

In the MacBook Pro we have NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512MB. This one works great.

If you are looking on a iMac instead of Mac Pro, you can have a look on the iMac 24". This one has the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512MB which should be fine.

The NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB which is available in the Mac Pro is not really necessary I think.

Regards,

PK
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

g-force is fine, quadro is no better for TopSolid,
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

Well...I've decided to wait to buy the MAC Pro, instead I have installed TS Wood on my iMac which works alright but TS will freeze on me maybe once an hour. Is there any settings on the ATI card that can be tweaked that may help with the freezing up or occasional crash?

Thanks
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

Robert, go to your tools-options-display settings and uncheck use direct X if it is checked, the rest of this is just trial and error, change a setting restart TopSolid and see what the behavior is. as you know ATI is almost always a problem. let me know if this helps.
Pieter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Pieter »

Hi,

Another thing you can do is to set the grafic settings of TopSolid to "basic (full compatibel)". Normally this should do the trick. Ofcourse you loose the power of the graphic card but at least it works (most of the time).

Regards

Pieter