Rafix case drilling

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

MadCat
Master Corporal
Master Corporal
Answers: 1
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 7.17

Rafix case drilling

Unread post by MadCat »

Hi.
Does anyone know how to block the drilling of the second part face in a rafix type of assembly?
See the video
It works well the first time. But when I rotate the case, it makes drilling on the second part face.
by OMG » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:49 am
Hello

You have to define something named "clash shape". It's a geometry which will restrain (or keep) the action of a tool inside it's boundaries. It must be a simple extruded shape and just a simple geometry (I mean there is no need to be included in the main set).
Because you can't find it in the main menu, the only way to define that clash shape is to right click in the tools set on the operation you wish to restrain and then select the shape constructed as above.
For your specific case, the clash shape must be a cut cylinder (without the part which affects the lateral side), with the diameter and height of the Rafix hole.

Here is my older topic on the same problem ( viewtopic.php?t=2150 ) and below are some examples

01 - right click

001.jpg

02 - define clash shape

002.jpg

03 - cylinder without the part which cut the lateral side

003.jpg
Go to full post
OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Re: Rafix case drilling

Unread post by OMG »

Hello

You have to define something named "clash shape". It's a geometry which will restrain (or keep) the action of a tool inside it's boundaries. It must be a simple extruded shape and just a simple geometry (I mean there is no need to be included in the main set).
Because you can't find it in the main menu, the only way to define that clash shape is to right click in the tools set on the operation you wish to restrain and then select the shape constructed as above.
For your specific case, the clash shape must be a cut cylinder (without the part which affects the lateral side), with the diameter and height of the Rafix hole.

Here is my older topic on the same problem ( viewtopic.php?t=2150 ) and below are some examples

01 - right click

001.jpg

02 - define clash shape

002.jpg

03 - cylinder without the part which cut the lateral side

003.jpg
MadCat
Master Corporal
Master Corporal
Answers: 1
TopSolid Version: 7.17

Re: Rafix case drilling

Unread post by MadCat »

OMG, thank you very much! I've solved it. I've seen clash shape sometimes but didn't know how it works.