How to manage all TSW configuration in Group folder

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

PrafulGaikwad
Private First Class
Private First Class
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.19

How to manage all TSW configuration in Group folder

Unread post by PrafulGaikwad »

Hello,

Can you please guide me how can I maintain all TSW configuration in one place.

Currently I am using "config" folder but some data by default goes into "Group" folder....

Thanks,
Praful
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 5
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: How to manage all TSW configuration in Group folder

Unread post by Laurens »

Hello,

I think even if you were able to adjust everything in a way that would let you control everything from the group file you will still have the problem of users modifying the config on every local location.

We have one universal set of configurations that is the same for everyone, user and group configs alike. This is saved in a central location that only a few key users can modify. We place a .bat file in the startup folder on all computers that runs every time a user restarts the computer. This file deletes the local config files and replaces it for the one from the central location.

With that you can either overwrite the whole config or some key parts and in that way control the user customization room that the rest has.

Not really answering your question but i guess what you want is controlling the config of all users from a central point and this is how i do it.
Laurens

Team leader TSW draftsmen
De Klerk Binnenbouw