parameter for predefined positions

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

parameter for predefined positions

Unread post by OMG »

Hello

I saw an interesting improvement into a Missler demo video: a parameter which controls the predefined positions of a door handle
How a parameter like this is made?

Thank you

https://youtu.be/CcinloBsmXY?t=581 - 9:41

handle position parameter.JPG
by CAD_73 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:22 pm
Nothing new. You just have to make the handle or tool, place it where you want it and then make deactivation on each handle with the number of the parameter. In this case you have to place 6 handles. The parameter deactivates all the rest if you choose a position. See this video: https://youtu.be/cK4wQsxKaBM
Go to full post
CAD_73
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: parameter for predefined positions

Unread post by CAD_73 »

Nothing new. You just have to make the handle or tool, place it where you want it and then make deactivation on each handle with the number of the parameter. In this case you have to place 6 handles. The parameter deactivates all the rest if you choose a position. See this video: https://youtu.be/cK4wQsxKaBM
Last edited by CAD_73 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Engineer 3D
Luxurious (Yacht) Interiors

My YouTube channel
OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by OMG »

Thank you for your answer. I'm a little affraid of not to overload the file with disabled accessories as I understand that TSW still loads and computes a geometry even if the geometry is disabled.
We have a pretty sad experience with a door template which contains 5 or 6 hi-res Blum hinges, most of them disabled for a small dimensions door, but ending in big and slow TSW files when we use it, for example, in a locker assembly which contains with 20 or 30 doors.
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hi there.

All fittings have to be simplified to have more PC power for real job. Years ago I made nice screw with hexagon head and 100 screws in project made TopSolid very slow. Then I made new screw without 3D body, just a text in assembly and 10 000 screws are nothing.
Hinges.. redesign them. And after that dont forget to Edit- Break associativity. Then You will have pure and simple body.

RM
OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by OMG »

Thank you for your sugestions RM,
That's what I'm doing right now: a brand new improved library, with simplified elements. And yes, I do use the "break associativity" option.