subcomponent definition

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

subcomponent definition

Unread post by OMG »

Hello

I've defined two subcomponents in a simple sub-assembly because I want to have the possibilty to interchange those subcomponents in a later assembly.
Unfortunatelly, one of them doesn't interchange although it's catalogue and keypoint are ok
Is there a way to reset / redefine / delete a subcomponent defined in a sub-assembly? To change it's name or something like this?
I see the "sub-component definition" branch in the main tree, I can modify the variables (code, variant, suppresion) but it doesn't help.
I want to do something like "deleting" the sub-component attribute for a specific element and re-define it from scratch, without extracting or deleting respective element from the sub-assembly

Thank you
by Woody31 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:31 pm
Hello

Go to the template where you have defined the sub compo, Just launch the function sub component , uncheck all the box / equations
the component will keep the name but not an issue.
in the assembly ( the text compo of compo will be removed )

The real question is why the interchange does not work.

Also if not enough, you have in the tree with a right clic an option to update component drivers.
Hope it helps
Go to full post
Woody31
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 8
TopSolid Version: 6.23

Re: subcomponent definition

Unread post by Woody31 »

Hello

Go to the template where you have defined the sub compo, Just launch the function sub component , uncheck all the box / equations
the component will keep the name but not an issue.
in the assembly ( the text compo of compo will be removed )

The real question is why the interchange does not work.

Also if not enough, you have in the tree with a right clic an option to update component drivers.
Hope it helps
OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Re: subcomponent definition

Unread post by OMG »

Thank you!
After I've reseted the subcomponents and set them back again, the interchange options works just fine
I wonder what happens with the name of the sub-component - I dont't think that is shown somwhere in the main tree or in the interchange menu and definetely it can't be changed.