Driver block assemble not inserting into new block?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Driver block assemble not inserting into new block?

Unread post by Robert »

I have a driver block assembly of an archway that I"m trying to insert into a room and I keep getting the "unable to make component" error. Attached is the assembly any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments
Trim#V=bead_05a_05-05#I=01#R=NR.top
(19.6 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Crown#V=crown_3_02b#I=01#R=NR.top
(25.13 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
arch#V=arch_01#I=00#R=NR.top
(226.82 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Woody31
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 8
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.23

Re: Driver block assemble not inserting into new block?

Unread post by Woody31 »

Hello Robert

A small test in your files points an issue with the Profiles components, ( try to extract them from the main assembly and you will see that the construction works )

The 1st issue looks related to your consctuction Curves in the crown , the error point
> Curves do not define planar area ( : Crown#V=crown_3_02b#I=01#R=NR.top,@353 extruded shape on curves (layer=0)).

Also some files are missing > Trim#V=cove_2017_1_2_02#I=01#R=NR.top ( Not the problem here )

i will try to have a deeper look later today.
Best regards
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 5
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by Laurens »

it says one file is missing so i cant realy check. my plan of attack with these kind of troubles is to modify the size of the driver block in the component to the size of the block you are trying to put it in. somewhere something doesnt fit and it will show then.

if you are unsure what the problem is please copy the full error message in the alpha bar and post it here.
Laurens

Team leader TSW draftsmen
De Klerk Binnenbouw
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

Woody31-thank you for taking a look at the file, I'll extract the molding and see if the assembly works.

Lauren-attached is the error message from the alpha bar, thank you for looking at it.
Attachments
2021-03-29_16-27-17.jpg
2021-03-29_16-26-33.jpg
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

I deleted the moldings and the assembly now works, I'll have to figure out what wrong with the molding.
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 5
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by Laurens »

i assume the bead moulding breaks down because of the way you set up your item. try to connect everything to a face of the driver block rather then to other parts. it makes it easier to track down errors since they dont pile up as much. i also saw you placed the extuded components from point to point rather then on a curve. placing them on a curve will make them more stable and allows you to use the mitre joint option on all your parts in one go.

i suggest making a CS on face at the top of your driver box and then duplicating it to the height your moulding needs to be. make a sketch on your duplicated CS and place your component on it. should your driver box component not fit it will still place it but it will look incorrect and you can then see the problems you need to fix.
Laurens

Team leader TSW draftsmen
De Klerk Binnenbouw
Woody31
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 8
TopSolid Version: 6.23

Unread post by Woody31 »

Couldn't say something better than Laurens :-)