standard component inclusion

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

standard component inclusion

Unread post by OMG »

Hello

Does anyone knows how to display the driver parameters of a standard component in the "parameters" window like you can see in the attached photo?
I can see the auxiliary elements but not the parameters and I do have parameters defined as drivers in my component.
Also, how do they have different symbols in "family, type, variant" window opposite to the classical "folder" icon from my library?

Thanks
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Last edited by OMG on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: standard component inclusion

Unread post by Todd »

The different symbols are based on key works example (Screw, Nut) that are coded into the software.
The parameters showing into the display is based on if they are in the catalog and a driver. witch is contradictory cause you want one or the other not both because if you select add new driving parameters the drivers will pull into the file and no longer follow the catalog unless you delete them. witch if you have a catalog you don't want that. So caution with doing this. I asked missler a while back to have better way to do this to not have them as drivers but still able to show in the display
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Re: standard component inclusion

Unread post by OMG »

Thank you, Todd.