library verification error: "file outside any library"

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

quazoosl
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.22

library verification error: "file outside any library"

Unread post by quazoosl »

When I verify my libraries I'm getting errors like these:

Code: Select all

L:\70 - Componenten\Achterwanden\Achterwand#V=groef L+R#I=00#R=NR.top
	WARNING: references a file outside any library : $STD=TopSolid'Wood\wood tool\mill#V=simple mill#I=01#R=NR.top
All mentioned components are inside a library though, but TopSolid does not seem to realise this, although in the error message it is refering to the library using

Code: Select all

$STD
which I beleive is short for standard, and should indicate a relative library location.

I know it probably won't do any harm, but I do not want to get any warnings when nothing is wrong, so that I can clearly see when something is actually wrong.
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: library verification error: "file outside any library"

Unread post by Todd »

the file it is referring to is used by TopSolid application for the groove function and is made by missler and works with the programing
but there is an option in settings to change the default tool used from the library. keep in mind this simple mill component is locally installed on every computer so if no one changes it no problem but if one persons is different then you got a problem.
Attachments
default not assigned.png
missler tools.png
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
quazoosl
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Version: 6.22

Re: library verification error: "file outside any library"

Unread post by quazoosl »

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your reply. My example wasn't meant to be specific though, because this appears to be the case for all referenced files.

Good to know though. It seems worth considering storing these tools on a shared drive.