Filtering Machining from Drafts

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

BP_Archmil
Private
Private
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Filtering Machining from Drafts

Unread post by BP_Archmil »

Hi all,

Trying to figure something out when it comes to view filtering - for the most part it works as intended, I am able to filter parts fairly easily, however in an elevation view when I want to see something like just the outline of a case beyond, I am selecting "Hidden" - "Stipple" and getting the machining for grooves and dowel holes, which I do not want.

I know how to apply filters to parts, and I have removed those successfully - but is there any way to remove the machining operations in the same manner?
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Re: Filtering Machining from Drafts

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hello

It's not the same, but You can turn machinings on/off through CAM. Also user machining is one very good option to make specific things.

RM
BP_Archmil
Private
Private
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Unread post by BP_Archmil »

RaudMees wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 pm Hello

It's not the same, but You can turn machinings on/off through CAM. Also user machining is one very good option to make specific things.

RM
Hey there, thanks for the reply.

I have the machining working as intended via export - we export to ARDIS for our optimization and the doweling works as we intend, so forgive my ignorance of what you're describing - would what you're noting above allow it to be hidden in the draft, but still recognize the operation for CAM / other exports? If so, that's pretty much what I'm after. Do you know how you would do this?
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hi, I dont understand what You like to get. Can You explain it longer?

RM