Loghouse parts

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Loghouse parts

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hello there

When I do loghouse - then walls first and after that doors and windows, which cut holes into the wall. Bad thing is, cutted log is one part, not left and right side with correct length. Is there any solution for that?

RM
Attachments
loghouse.png
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant
Answers: 5
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: Loghouse parts

Unread post by Laurens »

you could make a cut via the trim function and click keep both parts it will also keep the part in the middle so you would have to delete that manually then afterwards. i hope this helps
Laurens

Team leader TSW draftsmen
De Klerk Binnenbouw
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

I know this trimming function, but it's very time wasting solution. Small garden house and it needs ~200 cuts.

RM
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Laurens »

you can cut more then one part at the same time using trim so that shouldn't be a problem then right
Laurens

De Klerk Binnenbouw
Jason_Scott
Corporal
Corporal
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Unread post by Jason_Scott »

If you make the cut on one side and keep both parts then cut the other side it works.
Jason Scott
Scott Custom Woodworks
435-230-0965
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Hi there

I tried it several ways, but they have same numbers and dimensions. Is there any trick with this "keep both parts"?
One more thing - they are components already, I am taking wall and window from library.

RM
Attachments
maja sein.png
Laurens
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Laurens »

what the keep both part function does is that it takes your original part (O) and then makes 2 or more copies of it depending on how you trim. so you then have O1 and O2 and O gets taken out of your assembly (if it was in there to begin with) and put in non visible mode. at the same time O1 gets trimmed from one side and O2 from the other. since you use a lib item for your walls the beams that get cut cannot be taken out of your ASSY therefor when you number, TopSolid will have O in the assembly and applies a number to it. since O1 and O2 are duplicates of O they take over the number given to O and thus they will get the same number.

so the suggestion i made probably will not work in your situation. if you realy want to avoid this you should rethink on how you use your lib items and perhaps alter them. but that is up to you.
Laurens

De Klerk Binnenbouw