"part positioning on machine" preview window

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

OMG
Master Chief
Master Chief
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

"part positioning on machine" preview window

Unread post by OMG »

Hello

In my opinion, the "drawing" and especially "machining" preview windows from the "part definition" / "characteristics" menu are way too small for their purpose: to see what you get. Do you have the same opinion?

I'd like those windows to be resizable and to have something like "wireframe" or "transparency" options in order to see the other machinings from the sides and from underside and not to have to rotate the view and zoom in / out several times like I do now, to see if the holes and pockets are present and in the correct position.

I wonder if someone from Missler read this forum and think about those suggestions. They released a lot of updates for v6.20 these days but, in my opinion again, only small bugs solutions, nothing really useful.
Attachments
02.PNG
01.PNG
Last edited by OMG on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Re: "part positioning on machine" preview window

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hi there

TSW is based on very old structure and new structure will come out 2021 (hopefully). Maybe there will be lot of new and good things.
Most of windows are suitable for 19" screen and working with 27" 2560*1440 screen looks like gynaecologist :) Only 2y ago they changed some windows stretchable. Lot of users wrote to Missler/TopSolid to make changes.

RM
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by Todd »

Yeah I agree with Raud I am very interested to see how putting wood in 7 goes and am currently teaching myself 7 for when it does. But also I Have put in a lot of evolutions/improvement requests with missler for ver6 through support and seen at least 60% of them implemented. so they do listen to there customer needs witch is great but from my knowledge they don't spend a lot time on this forum since its intent is user to user interface.
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
quazoosl
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Version: 6.22

Unread post by quazoosl »

Todd wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:12 pm ... they don't spend a lot time on this forum since its intent is user to user interface.
If that is the case, I don't understand the purpose of the "suggestions and enhancements" forum.

I didn't seem to have any luck reaching Missler either through using the form on their website or through this forum. And indirectly communicating through our reseller I have not found to be a pleasing experience. Any channels you'd suggest?
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by Todd »

Well if you speak French you can try talking with Missler direct instead of through your reseller. just request the contact inform from them on there website or through your reseller. other than that I myself would go to any user group in-person session they had here in US because they would sometime bring members of the development team to talk with
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Unread post by RaudMees »

I've tried several times to pass reseller to get better answers, but nothing. Looks like knocking head to the concrete wall.
Luckily TS have in 90% cases workaround. In Your case about positioning - make parts with positioning and put them to library and take them from there. Left side, right side, bottom, top, etc.. I made it like that for Planner and it was very quick to send parts to machine. But - when user used left side on the right, then first machining was empty :) operator was bit angry, even panel was too big.

RM