Component process

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Onink
Private First Class
Private First Class
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.15

Component process

Unread post by Onink »

I have a component which I place on a ceiling panel and then makes a groove in that ceiling panel by using process or automatic.
But when I repeat and mirror this component I can't get it to make the groove. When I 'use process' it only says 'not a component'.

How can I get the groove in de panels without having to place each item individually (I have over 300 items to fasten the ceiling panels)?

And is there a way to make every simular component use the process without clicking them one by one?

To be clear: I repeated the component linear and then I mirrored it. When I only mirror the component it works, but it doesn't work when I repeat the first repetition (first linear and then mirror)
Last edited by Onink on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The second time, you will build it faster!
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: Component process

Unread post by Todd »

when using a component with tooling you are going to want to use multiplication of propagation's and use mirror first propagation then linear propagation. then after that the component function will ask you for tooling. if you use mirror then do a separate repeat later tool will not come in for all instances.
Attachments
Multiprop.jpg
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
Onink
Private First Class
Private First Class
TopSolid Version: 6.15

Unread post by Onink »

I works indeed. But after the mirror (over ZX) propagation the linear propagation will not be mirrored but repeated in the same (Y+) direction.
I did found out though, that you can use linear first and then mirror with the multipligation of propagations function. At least, it worked for me.

Thanks for the tip!
The second time, you will build it faster!
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by Todd »

No problem glad it helped :)
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com