[Solved] adjusting toolpath defaults

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

[Solved] adjusting toolpath defaults

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Can anybody offer advice for making adjustments to the default values of various toolpaths ?

For example: If I want to change the default "stock to leave" value to 0.000 on a certain type of toolpath...

I have found EDIT>>CHANGE DEFAULT VALUES... but I don't understand what to do next.
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi

It's quite easy, select thevalue to be changed, type your own one in the fill form then click apply

Cheers

Rémi :wink:
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

If I make some changes and then decide I want to put it back to TopSolid'Cam defaults, is it as simple as deleting the *.parin file from my config folder ?

I just got this impression while digging around in there...

Another question...
Is there a list of valid parameters I can use to create things like this ?

Code: Select all

Tool.diam-(Tool.diam *.3 - Tool.rad)
I feel like there are a lot of things I can do with these defaults and in the setup sheet but for now I am groping around in the dark.
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

At the beginning, in order to avoid eventual problem you may avoid clearing or modifying any files. Changing or modifying some of them can lead to serious problem.

Cheers

Rémi :wink:
Trusty
Private
Private

Unread post by Trusty »

You are two times right.
If you delete the file ZmiOpUser.parin from the config dir (and only this one !), you will reset all the values of the software to installation defaults. You can also edit this file and remove only the wanted line(s). This file contains only your differences against installation values.
The parameters names are common to methods, sheets and default values. A few bunch of them can only be used in some cases, but the majority is usable in all three cases.

Good luck ! 8)