Tools

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Tools

Unread post by micos3 »

Hi

Can i erase tools that have reference like "FO_HELI-000510A-MACH" f.e.? Because of my sheet, i don't want to have any reference tool like this example.
In TopSolid i can't erase, but if i erase some file that has the strings with tools, i guess it should be possible. Where?

I'm creating proceses that need the right reference of tools, to transport to other PC i have to transport all Config or just some file to be substituted with tools?
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

Hi micos...

I know that the tools at TopSolid can be found in a txt file that can be open as "comma separated file" CSV in MS Excel...

We change and created our whole tool database using the Excel... saved the table as .csv files and renamed the files to the right extension... know I dont remember the extension...

Look for a file called ELEM.fic or ELEM.TXT ...
TopSolid Users!!!!
micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by micos3 »

Hi!

I saw "tool.fic" and "tool.ndx" too and inside they have the database tools too, but i can't undearstand how do they work, where our created tools are placed, and if i substitute that "Elem.fic", or "tool.fic", if wont break any link between created tools and tools of that file or something like that...

Thanks
micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by micos3 »

Hi!

I've tryied to change tool.fic, elem.fic and didn't get any change.
How can i create the tool database with my own name tools, can someone tell me?
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Private Message sent to you, Micos.
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

AFter change the .fic files it is necessary to run the import procedure on TopSolid again....
TopSolid Users!!!!
micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by micos3 »

I'll gonna try this week and let u notice!

Thanks
micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by micos3 »

Unfortunately i didn't make it work, and as i've read here i think i'll gonna pass out of this idea, at least for now...
Thanks anyway topsolid2007

Micos