[Solved] How to group all the same tool together easily...

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

[Solved] How to group all the same tool together easily...

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

I really would like to know if there is a way to group the same tools easily, because when I mde my programs using operations, the tools might be in the wrong order to machine.

I tried exhaustively to reorder, using tool ca=lassification, but it does not work.

I tried the zmisort.... but the same way without succes.

The only way I could put the tools in the right order was using the Ctrl X and Ctrl V... its not good because my programmers would be able to make a mistake.

Several other very old softwares has this feature easily... Is there a way in the powerful TopSolid CAM?
Huub
Private
Private

Unread post by Huub »

Hi, maybe try in operations manager, configuration, sort.
Good luck.
micos3
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by micos3 »

Hi

U can make it with program selection, but i recomend after all programmed, because it will fallow the order of the operations of that tool and if u want to change that order (as i know) only like u said, ctrl+x and +v.
Go operation manager, programs - 1 program per tool - program selection and select the number of the operation where the tool belongs, it will be last operation of that tool.

Good new year
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Sorry...

It did not worked how was expected by myself

For example.

I am using the tool number 3 in 2 different operations.

I would like to group them automatically to generate only one tool Change in the code.
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

I don't know who write the label [Solved] on the topics, but I think that they do not ready the posts.

This problem is NOT Solved. I can't group the paths made with the same tool easily....
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi

You wrote
The only way I could put the tools in the right order was using the Ctrl X and Ctrl V... its not good because my programmers would be able to make a mistake.
This is a good way, a bit tricky sometimes but it works, perhaps it would need an improvment :D

It's written SOLVED as the main possibillities concerning your problem have been written :wink:

See you :D

Rémi :wink: