[Solved] Setup Sheet

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

[Solved] Setup Sheet

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Hi all,

Tomorrow morning I am on a mission to develop a setup sheet for our 3 axis milling machines. I have played around with this a bit previously and found it to be frustrating.

If anybody has any helpful advice I'd love to hear it.

I am attaching a picture of what I get from Mastercam. I would love to duplicate most of it exactly. It looks like TopSolid is capable of doing a lot more than Mastercam with pictures, etc but I just want a simple effective sheet for now.
Thank you in advance for any help !

TopSolid 2006, Design 6.7.302, Cam 6.7.302, Mold 6.7.302

Mastercam X2, Mill3, Wire, Solids, Moldplus, Beta Tester
Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

I guess this will be a good start.

I spent a few hours and came up with this. I may add to it later but for now it will be fine.

Does anybody know if I can force trailing zeroes ? For example look in the "MIN Z" column for Tool 7. This says "-1" I would like to force -1.000

remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hello
From the setup sheet management, select a setup sheet, either one you've made on your own, or copy of those one provided by Missler (as you can't modify the original ones).
Select the setup sheet, click on spanner then ok.
You can do it by adding the percent sign "%" followed with a dot, a number and the letter f, just like float.

Example: %.2f

For the purpose, do the following, click on the spanner, (just on the right of the bin).
Click on the setup sheet.
A new window appears, here you can check any values. (type, format ...)
Don't forget to save.
Go back to the setup sheet managment, now click on the "build draft" button, the fifth from the top.
And everything should be all right.
Cheers
Rémi :wink:
digital
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by digital »

Nice work, having in mind how complicated things can get with all the "$$" ;)

Anyway, can someone please tell me how can I add/remove items from an existing setup sheet via the wizard shown in the screenshot bellow.

Right now, I'm playing around with editing the files in "Missler\Config\Sheets" and "Missler\V67\bin\sheets" to get the results I want. I'v been successful but all of a sudden TopSolid started to crash so I gave up :)

Any ideas? Hints?

The reason I'm asking this is that I want to be able to add/remove contents as I go, without having to decide everything the first time...

Most of the default setup sheets weren't made using tables at all (as far as I was able to tell) and rather using variable names that the programmers knew existed since they created them I guess...

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

ps. also, how do I add or remove items from this table?

EDIT: figured it out, I added more items to my table using the "hammer" - the insert tool.
Last edited by digital on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Remi,

Thank you so much for your answer. I feel like I am so close to getting this straightened out but it's not working yet.

I tried to follow your directions but when I get to the window pictured above in digital's post, I can't modify anything.

The keyword being used is $Op.wcs_zmin but I cannot change it...

What am I missing ?

digital
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by digital »

I think I'v figured all of the stuff related to text (haven't tried playing with views etc) out.

I will upload my dft later so that you can import/modify and use it (if I catch some time later tonight). I'ts quite simple but hardly documented.

Ps. you dont have to use the cam table - you can just type the string name in the text edit box and get the proper data, for example, to get the total running time of your nc code, make a new text in the draft template and let it say "$Ops.total_time_hms" without the quotes.

There should be a list of these string names somewhere but...
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hello

Concerning the first digital's screenshot,, you've got to select one with a double left click on it.
A list of sorted variables should now appear, select the one you want with a single left click on it,
Then jump to the fill form called "column title", do a single letft click on the fill form, then a single right click, if you succeeded, the current window should disappear by itself.

Concernin the second digital's screenshot, you've just got to do a double left click on the item to want to modify, and then press the keyboard "enter" key.

Hoping this will help.

Cheers

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Then jump to the fill form called "column title", do a single letft click on the fill form, then a single right click, if you succeeded, the current window should disappear by itself.
I cannot perform this step. I wonder if the French version is different from the English version ?

I get to see the keywords but cannot find the "column title" form or anything else. Left or right clicking or double-clicking on the keyword seems to have no effect.

The only way I can get anything to change is to open C:\Missler\Config\Sheets\Cards###FERRON MOLD.dft and modify the text.

After changing this to "$Op.wcs_zmin%.2f" I get errors when trying to "build draft".

Error: Parameter not found (Op.wcs_zmin%.2f).

digital
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by digital »

Here's what I'v got by now:

I think we're not supposed to edit the dft sheets directly, we have to do so using the setup sheet wizard because this tool adds some invisible info to the dft headers to mark it as the sheet file.

I think you'll have to make the new sheet (do not modify default ones) and add a new table by going to main menu -> cam -> setup sheet template: new table and filling it out using on-screen popup dialog windows.

Also, you can add strings (formulas?) that will get updated when "building the draft"...
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hello

You wrote
Ps. you dont have to use the cam tableyou can just type the string name in the text edit box and get the proper data
Of course, this is just a shortcut :wink:

Cheers

Francois
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Francois »

I too want to start my own setup sheet from a model I had in autocad, i'd fill in all the info by hand.

what should I start with? build my draft first?

can most of the cells be automatically filled with variables?

is the "Cam" menu in draft used?

thanks
digital
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by digital »

Francois wrote:I too want to start my own setup sheet from a model I had in autocad, i'd fill in all the info by hand.

what should I start with? build my draft first?

can most of the cells be automatically filled with variables?

is the "Cam" menu in draft used?

thanks
99% of the text you see in my example above is automatically filled by TopSolid/cam.
Francois
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ok
is there a way to show the current day's date (which is updated each time you reprint the draft)?

thanks
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi

You should try :

Code: Select all

$Date
Cheers

Francois
Private First Class
Private First Class

isn't that date ($Date) the date you have to enter in the properties of the document?
what about the computer's date? is there a way to have the current date?

thanks