Here , need you help!

Progress CAD software solution for punching and bending tools: recognition of sheet metal parts, part unfolding, creation of strips, standard and advanced parts library, component and process library, control via tool levels, drawings...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

plusqq
Corporal
Corporal

Here , need you help!

Unread post by plusqq »

how to define this bend table?

Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Viktor Havlicek »

Hallo PLUSQQ

Being newbie I'm not able to help you. I'm sorry. Progress forum seems to be a little "dormient" (like zombies). :?
Many "views" but zero answer. That's a pity. We often speaks with other engineering and how is going with TopSolid is a "must" question.

TopSolid users are front market men ... and TopSolid Support should be a little bit more present to help us. (Something like McNeel user forum) :wink:

This is won't be a critic but a costructive suggestion to improve TopSolid develope.

Best regards

Viktor Havlicek
C.R. Spa
Private

Unread post by Vincent »

here is a zombie :roll:

I 'll try to bring you help with bend tables.
Please don't hesitate to ask more if I'm too short on some points or if my english is not understandable :)

Bend tables used in Progress are the one defined in TS'D (sheetmetal).

1 - You can define the path you wanna store them in Tools/options/sheetmetal/unbending/.

To edit tables, you have a dedicated function in Sheetmetal/Bend allowance/bending table.

You can define a table for a couple material/thickness.

2-Options in Progress dialog box :

"Use table" : compute bend allowance refering to bend table and not theorical computation. This allow a fine computation if tables are well defined.

Press type option :
This is to select sub-table wanted. It is more an option for classical sheetmetal working (press brake as shown on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bending_(metalworking)).

This allow you to specify a bending table for each "technic" : "coining" and another one for "air-bending" (i'm not sure of english word for that).
With progressive die I only use unspecified one.

"Ve tool to use" : when you define a table, especially in classical bending, you can specify several tools ("Ve") with their own values. This field is to choose the wanted column in table. This can be used to define values accoriding to inner radius for example.

"Choose Ve tool by bend radius" : you can in table associate "Ve" tool (column) to a radius value. if this option is checked, Progress computation will choose value in table according to inner radius of each bend.

You must have some information in sheetmetal help I think.

May you need more clarification please don't hesitate.

Tables are really wonderfull : you can customize the result you need.
but as there is a lot of possibilities, this needs some pratice. :wink:
plusqq
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by plusqq »

firstly, thanks all!

1. For this flattening parameters dialog box, i have understood basicly.
2. For the defined bend table, i need ur help. i want to know that how to use this keyword and comply with the rules in bend table .

thanks!