[Solved] DME CKPTIC-1 Thermocouple Connector

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

[Solved] DME CKPTIC-1 Thermocouple Connector

Unread post by Larry M. »

Hey, guys. I've had to use this component on several tools and never could find it to download. And I've gotten tired of just showing the pocket work. So I finally built one. There are no dimensions for this thing in the DME catalog except for the pocket and hole locations, so it's all best guess, but it looks good, and the pocket is to DME spec. But I offer it "As Is" use it at your own risk. It is in 2007 version of TopSolid. It does include a solid tool to subtract the pocket. You can change alignmet (angle), and the position of the latch. Add drillings and bolts as you like, I didn't have time to include them.

http://modeltech.us/downloads/TopSolid/CKPTIC-1.top

If offering this is against Forum rules, I apologize. Just delete this.
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi Larry

You wrote :
If offering this is against Forum rules, I apologize. Just delete this
No, that's all right :wink:
Have a good day.
Rémi :wink:
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Standard compo not available

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Thanks Larry
I think you got an excellent idea to share your work for some standard compo (DME HASCO etc) TopSolid Mold could not supplied in the librairy all the compo from the manufacturer but some is use so often and so practical to see if it pass or interfer or not. I do the same think with DME round taper lock (male female) because the way it come inside TopSolid'Mold it as a group and the group have to be asign on the core or cavity side, who is not right for the mold assembly to see a compoment on the cavity side when it should be on the core side. I have report this bug to TS and they reply me (this is the way it come and that is it) I will be happy to share that family of compo round taper lock , male & female, 4 size and 3 length

I suggest to all user of TopSolid'Mold to do as Larry did, to share some personal standard typical as DME HASCO to save time and to increase librairy data.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Re: Standard compo not available

RICHARD LALONDE wrote:Thanks Larry
I think you got an excellent idea to share your work for some standard compo (DME HASCO etc) TopSolid Mold could not supplied in the librairy all the compo from the manufacturer but some is use so often and so practical to see if it pass or interfer or not. I do the same think with DME round taper lock (male female) because the way it come inside TopSolid'Mold it as a group and the group have to be asign on the core or cavity side, who is not right for the mold assembly to see a compoment on the cavity side when it should be on the core side. I have report this bug to TS and they reply me (this is the way it come and that is it) I will be happy to share that family of compo round taper lock , male & female, 4 size and 3 length

I suggest to all user of TopSolid'Mold to do as Larry did, to share some personal standard typical as DME HASCO to save time and to increase librairy data.
I have the same problem with the locks. I have a whole collection of PCS side locks, and some round ones. If you can't separate the locks into A & B sides the componet is USLESS. It's totally wrong on paper, and when the customer looks at it. That does need to be fixed. I'm not putting down TopSolid, but there are quite a few little things like this that just make it a pain to use the software at times. Great software overall though.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

Do you know that since the previous version (V67), it is possible to assign each element of the tapered lock (or taper block) to the side you need? I had seen it during the novelties training last year...To be able to do it, you may have to use the detection tool to be able to select the side you want to assign it in the visu&bom window....Very easy to do, and your 2D will be clean and "correct" :D

Jehronimo
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

I'll check that out. Thanks.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

What you said I try in the last version without succes and I asked the question to my resaler who forward my question to Missler and this was the answer from Missler (French) and they never change it in the new version.

Vincent Blanchard:
Ce composant est un composant multi-corps. il n est pas possible de séparer les deux corps.

Effectivement , il serait apréciable de pouvoir séparer les deux parties du
composant. Mais actuellement, sous TopSolid, les attributs (visibilité, niveau) concernent le composant et non les corps qui le composent.

Pour obtenir ce que vous souhaitez, il faudrait définir deux composants :
une partie male et une partie femelle.

That is mean, Missler did it as a compo multi body and that is impossible to separate a compo did that way, bcs when you import a compo you import it as is. You should made the difference beetween a compo made by Missler and a personal compo they don't have the same type of propertie, bcs Missler sometime the give some properties who is hide an invisible for the user. At the end they said I should define my compo as male and female.

In top of that those type of compo should be made as pin and bushing that is mean. We should be able to put as EX: taper lock 1.50 dia with different lentgh for male and female and also it should be assign as pin and bushing (individual, decicide the side I want to put-it A or B side) and when I install the second half it should reconize the size but offer us the choice of the length.

I suggest to all North Americas TopSolid'Mold user to made a short comment to this to validate that it should be a must for the taper lock.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

RICHARD LALONDE wrote: In top of that those type of compo should be made as pin and bushing that is mean. We should be able to put as EX: taper lock 1.50 dia with different lentgh for male and female and also it should be assign as pin and bushing (individual, decicide the side I want to put-it A or B side) and when I install the second half it should reconize the size but offer us the choice of the length.

I suggest to all North Americas TopSolid'Mold user to made a short comment to this to validate that it should be a must for the taper lock.
I agree. That is the way it should be processed. As 2 individual units, just like pin and bushings.

Missler, I am not talking badly about the software, but am trying to get across there are things that have been incorrect for years and need to be addressed to make a better product to use and sell. I wrote in a while back that if all the bugs (like this one) and the library components were added that are common. TopSolid would be one of the best mold design softwares on the planet. I am dedicated to the software and just want to see it get better.
jehronimo
Major
Major

RICHARD LALONDE wrote:
That is mean, Missler did it as a compo multi body and that is impossible to separate a compo did that way, bcs when you import a compo you import it as is.
Hello guys,

yes it is a multi body compo, but you can assign each body to the side you want! I am doing it today, why it would not work for you? I think that MS develops this compo like this because for example in France, this compo is a one reference component. When you order this compo to Rabourdin (french supplier), you can not order a male and a female. Only one code:(

But with the visu and bom window, you can bypass this problem...but for this, you must use the detection tool :wink:

Jehronimo
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

I am agrre with you, the visu, you can bypass this problem when you use the detection tool, but this is temporary because on your mold assembly everything come on one side only, core or cavity. Because mold assembly and visu is two thinks completely different
jehronimo
Major
Major

Hi,

:?: I do not understand...The Aside or Bside is not only visu, it also manages the view in the draft...So if in the visu and bom windows I affect the 2 bodies separately to the correct sub-assembly, it manages the draft like I want. I do not agree that is is only suitable for the 3D...

Jehronimo
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Subject will come taper lock instead thermocouple connector

You could be not agree but before to said that I suggest you to open a standard mold and include DME Inch round taper lock (forget about the length problem) create a quick mold assembly and to understand better made a side view for the core and a side view of the cavity. Now you could made your own test (5 minutes) play with the asignment in the visu (visible invisible and assign it on core or cavity) and double check on your mold assembly you will see and give us some feed back. Because don't forget half of the lock (standard should be on the core side and the other half should be on the cavity.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Hi,

Ok, I will check after my vacations...For the moment, my TopSolid'Mold is "down", my brain too :P, and the beach is just in front of me, OK not at this moment, but not so far... 8)

I promise to check at my return :wink:

Jehronimo
jehronimo
Major
Major

Hi,

I do not know what is the result you are waiting for. From my side, I can not try with DME compo :? (I do not have access to the DME library). I tried with Rabourdin (French supplier). But the geometry is the same for every library. In my 2D, and after my handling in the 3D visu and bom function, I got half of the compo in one view, the other half in the opposite view...

:idea: Let me repeat my "way to do" :

-In the visu and bom window property, I assign the "global" compo to "no assembly"
-I start the detection to detect half of the compo and assign it to the correct side.
-I reproduce this handling to the opposite half compo (I can do that because this compo is a solid with 2 bodies)
-In my 2D, I can see the "correct" result....

I will try to upload a video if I have the time... :)

Jehronimo