[Solved] DON'T INSTALL PATCH MORE THAN 248

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

[Solved] DON'T INSTALL PATCH MORE THAN 248

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Hi folks

Please don't install patch more than 6.8 248 because after that patch many compo in DME Inch for the cooling (Jiffy Plug or Pipe Plug) the don't made the tapping process automatic . It will install the compo buth without the tapping.

This will create a wrong 2D. As usual with Missler Mold compo in the earliest version it work and just for a patch what was working NOW IT DOESN'T WORK

I tried to uninstal the patch without succes and now I have to reinstall the complete version from scratch.

I hope in the futur, near futur Missler will put more attation to this kind of bug who are very frustrated.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

I will confirm this also. No tappings on the patches after 248.

ALSO: The 2008 version of the software has the same problem. No tappings for Pipe plugs, quick connectors, and baffles.

You can put your disc in and tell it to repair, then reinstall the 248 patch.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Version of compo

My reseller just told me , when we have this type of probleme with compoments who doesn't work and before it was working, what you have to do is this, during Missler will fix the probleme.
You don't have to uninstall the last patch but to do this.

When you want to install your compo than you know it doesn't made all process as describe before. In the pop up window of the compo when you select it, you have a window for the version of the compo, just open it and select the previous one #07 instead the last one who is #08 and everything will go as before.

Simple as that
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

As you know, TopSolid'Mold now manages imperial threading for all the Inch compo by default. It seems some problem still occur with the cooling compo, but the support said to me that a bug report has been done.

It seems you will have less problem if you try to use a conical threading...except for conical plug BP10, BP20 and BP40... :(

Jehronimo
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fix

Good news
It was about time 6.9 V224 now all tapping works for Pipe Plug & Jiffy Plug

May be a bad news for the baffle
If you have to use a baffle in a deep hole the system will put the good size baffle but the shortest one (DME #BB-40-6) for 6" long but the reel lenght could be 10". That is mean be carefule with your BOM and over that it never take in considaration the deviation chanel, we have to modify the value of orientation after, I know what i'm talking about