Trouble getting mold design into draft document

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Goodtimes
Private
Private

Trouble getting mold design into draft document

Unread post by Goodtimes »

Greetings,

I am currently working on a tool that is 499,203KB and when I try to import the mold into the 2D draft mode, I either get a function failure, or the program crashes, or it just doesn't work, but doesn't kick me out.

I have tried both the Mold A/B side option and the basic Main view option to import, and neither have worked.

Any ideas on what may be the cause of this? And how to fix this?

Thanks
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hi Goodtimes !

Welcome to the forum !

Sorry I can't help with your issue but hopefully somebody who can will be along soon.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

HAVE YOU TRY TO PURGE THE GEOMETRY ?
THE FILE WILL COME SMALLER
IF EVERYTHING WAS DESIGN INSIDE THE MOLD YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM
YOU SHOULD IMPORT THAT INSIDE THE DRAFT BUT UNDERTHE MOLD OPTION TO HAVE THE A&B SIDE OR TO HAVE THE SPECIAL DRAFT FEATURE FOR THE MOLD
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Are you getting an "Indexing Error?"

Also watch your memory usage, if your on a 32bit OS TS only can go up to 1.8mb before it crashes. And you have a pretty large Mold file.

Purging will help as Richard said also.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

...and also check your visual tolerance in the 3D. You must decrease it to 0.2mm (or 0.008in :D ) and 5, the original values. The filesize will be smaller, and it helps a lot for the memory consumption...

Jehronimo
Goodtimes
Private
Private

I purged the geometery and was able to get new A/B side views in a new draft document.

Thanks for your help. I will be back if something else comes up.
Goodtimes
Private
Private

What does the purge geometery do?

Because my file size has gone from 500MB to 120MB.

Am I loosing any important information?

Thanks
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

You do not loose any informations, of course!! You do not break associativity, be quiet :D

The Purge remove all the saved informations in your design. If you check your tree, you would see some operations with a * symbol. It means that those operations are kept in the design "memory", to improve the next computation time. Or it allows you, by keeping those intermediate geometries to get a faster computation, if you have to modify an operation in the middle of the tree, for example. The system will go back to the first * operation, and will compute from this shape.

So if you understand correctly, the next modification of your file will take a long time, because the system will compute again the intermediate operations that no longer exist today in your file...
Goodtimes
Private
Private

Thank you for the information.