[Solved] Checking Errors???

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

JEFF_STALLONE
Private First Class
Private First Class

[Solved] Checking Errors???

Unread post by JEFF_STALLONE »

Is there a way to see specific errors that have occurred on an element?
After an element has turned orange, is there a way to check the specific reason it has been basified? I tried to view something about it in the "tree", however I was unsuccessful. Does anyone out there know a way to help? It would be greatly appreciated.
"You don't know!"...... do you? :?
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Jeff,
Usually when something turns orange I go to the history tree on the left side, right mouse button in that window area, select edit and then pick the entity that has gone bad. You also can right mouse, go under Edit Sets, then Invalid entity sets. This will show you everything that has become invalid. You can then use this to possible track down what went wrong where.

Hope this helps.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

There is also an option in Tools | Options that may help you, because this function warns you during the design. In the Document tab, ask for the Document upgrade. It could help, especially when you begin on this product. This function can also "drive" you during the document reparation.

A last one, the symbol ? appears in your title bar when you have some invalid elements in your file. Just sometimes have a look on it :wink:

Jehronimo
Attachments
forum_doc_update.png
forum_doc_update.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
JEFF_STALLONE
Private First Class
Private First Class

thanks

Unread post by JEFF_STALLONE »

just want to say thanks for all the help. much appreciated