driving elements come back

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Jimmy
Private
Private

driving elements come back

Unread post by Jimmy »

one more thing. I hid all of my driving elements so it's easier to see. Then I go into visualization and shut off all the items in my components list. When I turn all my components back on all my dimensions come back. I don't want to use the shades to hide them cause then I have to find them and turn them on individually. I currently hide my driving elements 1 by 1 since i don't get the option of picking by type. Can you help me with this as well. thanks
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

I don't want to use the shades to hide them cause then I have to find them and turn them on individually.
I believe you are wrong about that...

I hide items with the sunglasses (in .mld files) very often and then when I go into visualization and select something like "global" and make all visible, all of the components which have visualization properties assigned to them appear but things like dimensions, lines, etc (which do not have visualization properties) stay hidden (blanked).

I don't normally use the driving elements function to hide entities. Most often I use it to make them appear. Then I just hide them with the sunglasses when I am done.
Jimmy
Private
Private

Unread post by Jimmy »

I will try this in the morning. I am logging out for the day. Thank you for your help
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Usually the location dimensions & UCS's used to insert mold components (like a bolt) will unblank themselves when you use mold visualization. The only way The best way I've found is to move all the "A" side dimensions to a layer and all the "B" side ones to another layer, then turn off those layers.

Now actual creation entities and dimensions for extruded shapes and such should not reappear using mold visualization.