Using the 64 bit Version

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Using the 64 bit Version

Unread post by Larry M. »

I'm not sure who is yet, but I just started to this last week and have found it quite stable. It's also nice to see it get past that 1.8GB memory limit. I've been able to modify things that have pushed the memory up to 3.2 GB and I don't crash. The speed is about the same, but it's a lot faster than crashing on the large mold designs.

I thought I'd just put this in here for those who were wondering about the 64bit version. I'll post more as I've used it for a little bit more.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

what size

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

When you said large mold design you are talking about how much big ?
Because me I start to crash more often over 175 MG (12 cavity insert + hot-runner etc)
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

The current one I'm working on has a file size of 195mb. Actual cavity count/size isn't the issue it's all the processes after the thing you change. So far with the 195mb design file I've been able to edit and change anything, move water lines/ and all there componets, move ejection, etc....., even if it was processed early in the mold design. These opereations would crash the 32bit version every time because of all the recalculation of all the processes after the one I changed.